[Orekit Developers] Migration to Gitlab under way...

Dear all,

I just installed a Gitlab instance on our new server: https://gitlab.orekit.org/

Please, do not use it at the moment, I am carrying out some tests and the database could be reset at any time.

I am facing a problem with the issues migration. All the tools that I tried to automate the migration of issues do not work at the moment because:

  • our instance of Redmine is too old,
  • Gitlab evolves quickly,
  • the migration tools are not or poorly maintained.

I could reproduce by hand in Gitlab the 26 currently opened issues in Redmine in relation to Orekit. But I would not be able to reproduce all the comments because I would not able to impersonate all the participants. If I do that, I will appear as reporter of all issues.

Another (lazzy) strategy could be to wait the update of redmine-gitlab-migrator, the only tool that seems maintained. A blocking issue was reported few weeks ago and a contributor announced that he will provide a patch but I don't know when this patch will be available.

What is your opinion about Orekit issues? Should I ignore them at the moment? Should I import them even if I appear as their reporter?

Sébastien

--
Sébastien Dinot
Free Software Expert