Re: [Orekit Developers] Converting some JTest code into codified Sim code

w.grossman@ieee.org a écrit :

Parts of the Jtest code necessarily create input/output test vectors to VERIFY
the OreKit code.  In many cases (all?), these test sets are high-fidelity
sufficient to verify the high-fidelity aspects of the OreKit code.

From offline discussions, this request is mainly about moving some of
the utilities we have set up in the validation tests for the estimation
package into the main library.

As an example, we do have a way to generate generate perfect measurements
and even to add some effects to them. There is a main context class and
a hierarchy of measurements generators with one implementation for each
measurement class. This is currently only used in the Junit tests.

Do other developers this feature would be worth moving into the library,
for example in order to be able to build simulators?

I personally find the idea is interesting. When we did develop these
measurements generators, it was not really straightforward as we aimed
at very high accuracy. Users that want to do the same would probably
face the same problems we faced at that time and have solved, so it
may be interesting to upgrade this code from test only to production
code.

If validated, as much of the test vector generation code likely is, this code
can be the basis for a simulator used for code development.

Issues of validity and incestuous testing are ever-present and need to be
addressed.  Such is life in this business.

Anyone interested in helping the effort?