Re: [Orekit Developers] Is it possible to rename BooleanDetector.{and,or,not} to not collide with Python keywords?

Hi Glenn,

Glenn Ehrlich <Glenn.Ehrlich@kinetx.com> a écrit :

All,

Thanks to some great advice I receoved on the user’s list last week, I looked into the new BooleanDetector class. I built a python wrapper with it but I can’t use the class from the python wrapper because ‘and’, ‘or’, and ‘not’ are reserved keywords in python, so those can’t be method names in python.

I forked the repo and changed them to ‘and_operator’, ‘or_operator’, ‘not_operator’ (and changed the unit tests) and it works correctly from the python wrapper.

Is it possible to make a change like this before the next official release?

Sure, I he done it in git repo.

I’m not attached to the names ‘and_operator’, ‘or_operator’, ‘not_operator’. They can be whatever as long as it’s not and, or, not. Maybe ‘and_combinator’, etc, since it’s combining two EventDetectors.

I used andCombine, orCombine and notCombine for the methods names.

Glenn Ehrlich
KinetX Aerospace