Re: [Orekit Developers] Writing an OEM file after an ephemeris propagation

Hi Nicolas,On Wed, 2017-03-08 at 11:28 +0100, contact@nicolasrol.fr wrote:
> First of all, great job on OREKIT, it’s a really nice tool!

Welcome to the mailing list. We appreciate the feedback.

> Is this covariance matrix even available after a
> propagation ?

I think Hank answers your other question so I'll just try to answer
this one. The State Transition Matrix (STM) can be computed during
propagation. Take a look at [1] and [2]. Then you can use the STM and
your a priori covariance to compute the covariance at latter times.

Best Regards,
Evan

[1] https://www.orekit.org/forge/projects/orekit/wiki/Propagation#Propa
gating-both-equations-of-motions-and-additional-equations
[2] https://www.orekit.org/site-orekit-8.0/apidocs/org/orekit/propagati
on/numerical/PartialDerivativesEquations.html