[Orekit Developers] Writing an OEM file after an ephemeris propagation

Hi all,

First of all, great job on OREKIT, it’s a really nice tool!

I’m trying to compare its orbit determination and propagation (so far it seems very accurate) with other softwares like STK or GMV but I have some trouble writing an OEM file after an orbit propagation.

I based my code on the tutorials « EphemerisMode » and « MasterMode » (found in Propagation) and modified it in order to obtain the « bounded propagator » containing the computed ephemeris data (that works well) :

<definition of the different useful data, initial orbit, integrator, etc.>

// Propagator

NumericalPropagator propagator = new NumericalPropagator(integrator);

propagator.setOrbitType(propagationType);

// Set up initial state in the propagator

propagator.setInitialState(initialState);

// Set the propagator to ephemeris mode

propagator.setEphemerisMode();

// Extrapolate from the initial to the final date

SpacecraftState finalState = propagator.propagate(lastDate);

// Getting the integrated ephemeris

BoundedPropagator ephemeris = propagator.getGeneratedEphemeris();

Now what I would like to do is export that data in an OEM file.

Therefor, I looked into the OEMWriterTest file in order to see how you did it for the tests but it seems that you always use an EphemerisFile/OEMFile created by parsing an existing OEM file !

final OEMFile oemFile = parser.parse(inEntry, "OEMExample.txt");

final EphemerisFile ephemerisFile = (EphemerisFile) oemFile;

OEMWriter writer = new OEMWriter(interpolationMethod, originator, objectID, objectName);

writer.write(tempOEMFilePath, ephemerisFile);

Is there a way to create such OEMFile or EphemerisFile based on a BoundedPropagator ephemeris ? Or is it possible to write directly from the BoundedPropagator ?

I couldn’t find any constructor using such parameter…

Other quick question : is it possible to write the OEM file with the covariance matrix ? Is this covariance matrix even available after a propagation ?

Thanks in advance for your help

Nicolas