Re: [Orekit Developers] Failure when 2 events are close

On 03/16/2016 11:05 AM, MAISONOBE Luc wrote:

> Evan Ward <evan.ward@nrl.navy.mil> a écrit :
>
>> Luc,
>
> Hi Evan,
>

>> I've been working on bug #234 where propagation crashes if two events
>> are close to each other. I think the fix is in
>> AbstractIntegrator.acceptStep() to only call reset(...) on the
>> currentEvent instead of all registered events. I noticed that you had
>> switched the behavior to reset all events in a previous commit and I
>> want to make sure I'm not breaking something I don't understand with
>> this change. All of the test cases pass in [math] and Orekit when only
>> the current event is reset.
>
> I will try to have a look at this remotely. I am currently in Germany
> for a conference (I just gave a talk about Orekit at ICATT and will
> give a talk about Rugged in half an hour).

That's great. Hopefully there is a positive reception for Orekit and
Rugged. :)

> From what you have written in the report, I think you are perfectly
> right. I'll check on my side as soon as I can.
>

>> Also, would it be possible to create a quick bug fix release of Orekit
>> that solves this issue? I would volunteer to do it myself, but I don't
>> know how to perform a release.
>
> Sure. First thing to do is to ask PMC, you can send a vote request to
> all of us. If this is really urgent to you, state it and ask for a quick
> response, saying that as soon as the output of the vote is known (i.e. a
> sufficient number of +1 from PMC is received), you'll tally the result.
> The nominal duration of a release vote is 168 hours, wich may be too
> long for you.
>
> I'll try to set up some hints on how to perform releases, but will
> probably
> do the work myself this time, at least for the maven artifacts. They need
> to be cryptographically signed and I currently am the only one who
> have the
> keys (I sculd share them with other people too obviously), but I don't
> know
> if I can share the authentication tokens for the OSS repository at
> Sonatype
> to upload the signed artifacts to maven central.
>

> Could you commit your changes as soon as possible so I can check them? If
> something is wrong, we will simply create a reverting commit later on.

OK, I'll push up the fix and test case to commons-math and a test case
to Orekit. Can I start he Orekit PMC vote before I make the commit since
we vote on a feature set?

There isn't an immediate need to fix it. I think a week or two
turnaround will be good. I just don't want to wait months. :)

Best Regards,
Evan