Re: [Orekit Developers] FieldOfView Detector

Le 14/01/2016 22:11, Evan Ward a écrit :
> Hi Luc,

Hi Evan,

> I noticed your recent work on the new field of view classes. I think
> these are a great addition. Would it be possible to model an antenna
> attached to a ground station? I think the current implementation of
> FieldOfView requires a spacecraft state.

You caught me red handed!

I am also not really comfortable with the spacecraft state in the
offsetFromBoundary method. It induces a dependency that is not
right. It is currently used to convert the input position into
a line of sigth, and this computation should better be performed
at call site, not within the method.

I'll fix this in a few minutes.

I did not foresee using this for ground stations! Once the method
signature is fixed, it may be used this way too. Would you mind
updating the javadoc to explain this other use? I don't know
either if the name FieldOfView is well suited in this case, so maybe it
should be renamed at the same time.