Re: [Orekit Developers] Earth Centered ICRF

Luc and Hank,

We have a B1950.0 option in Linux GTDS. If you want, I will talk to Zach Folcik about this question.

We have been thinking about coordinate systems lately because we are starting to port the TRAMP program for the maintenance of the GTDS binary files to Linux. Having Linux TRAMP will enable us to generate Timing Coefficient and SLP files for time intervals for which they are not currently available.

We have two targets in mind: (1) historical intervals and (2) very long intervals (100 or 200 years). Item (2) relates to demonstrating the ability of the DSST to propagate usefully over very long time intervals.

Paul

--
Dr. Paul J. Cefola
Consultant in Aerospace Systems, Spaceflight Mechanics, & Astrodynamics

4 Moonstone Way
Vineyard Haven, MA 02568
USA

508-696-1884 (phone on Martha's Vineyard)
978-201-1393 (cell)

paulcefo@buffalo.edu
paul.cefola@gmail.com