Re: [Orekit Developers] Data Loading Updates

On 05/05/2014 11:54 AM, MAISONOBE Luc wrote:
> Evan Ward <evan.ward@nrl.navy.mil> a écrit :
>
>> Hi,
>
> Hi Evan,
>

>> With all the discussion recently about data loading recently I thought
>> it is a good time to bring up another data loading idea. Currently once
>> the EOP data are loaded and frames are created the EOP data can't be
>> updated. For long running web services it would be nice to be able to
>> ingest new EOP as they are available. That way you could use the latest
>> EOP data without restarting the server. Do other orekit users think this
>> would be useful? Would it be in scope for a SOCIS project?
>
> This is a good idea.
>
> Fell free to update the SOCIS page to add your project (once again, if
> you consider you can help mentoring the student).
>
> Please note that students have two weeks to apply to projects, after
> which we have to sort the applications in preference order so ESA can
> do the final selection. This implies that any project idea has to be
> put on the wiki fast enough.

Ok, I'll update the wiki. I think it should be small enough to be
included with the existing data loading project.

>> For the data update to work, we would need to have cooperation from the
>> user application to avoid frames inconsistency. Perhaps something
>> similar to what we currently do in the unit tests to clear out the old
>> data, add new providers, and then let Orekit load the updated data.
>
> In this case, we will need to do that with defined public API. What is
> acceptable in unit test is really not acceptable in the operational
> library.

That was my thought. Make a public API to force Orekit to reload data.
It would also help make the unit test code cleaner.

Best Regards,
Evan