Re: [Orekit Developers] TimeStampedCache Improvements

Hi Evan,

Evan Ward <evan.ward@nrl.navy.mil> a écrit :

I have the refactoring finished, but two test cases that use empty EOP
histories are failing. What should the behavior be when the user
requests a frame that uses EOP data, but none is available? Currently a
null correction is used when there are less than 4 EOP entries or when
there is no data for the date.  Is this the intended behavior? IMHO an
exception should be thrown in both cases because a frame with the
requested accuracy can not be created. (the fail fast strategy)

I don't agree.
My rationale is that Orekit can be used in mission analysis cases, where time ranges from dates for which EOP corrections are available to dates where EOP corrections are not available yet. For such cases, the best guess is to use 0 correction. Of course, in this case the user could ask for not applying the correction, but I'm not sure forcing this him/her to do that is good.

Luc

Regards,
Evan