Re: [Orekit Users] Osculating

Le 11/07/2016 à 13:43, Elisabet a écrit :
> Hello,

Hi Elisabet,

> Using the DSSTPropagator, I am having problems to transform from osculating
> parameters to mean parameters through the method
> DSSTPropagator.computeMeanState. Do you have any idea of why it does not work
> properly?
> It gives me the following thread:
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 29
> 	at org.orekit.propagation.semianalytical.dsst.forces.DSSTZonal
> $FourierCjSjCoefficients.getCj(DSSTZonal.java:1896)
> 	at
> org.orekit.propagation.semianalytical.dsst.forces.DSSTZonal.computeCijSijCoefficients(DSSTZonal.java:762)
> 	at
> org.orekit.propagation.semianalytical.dsst.forces.DSSTZonal.updateShortPeriodTerms(DSSTZonal.java:662)
> 	at
> org.orekit.propagation.semianalytical.dsst.DSSTPropagator.computeMeanOrbit(DSSTPropagator.java:508)
> 	at
> org.orekit.propagation.semianalytical.dsst.DSSTPropagator.computeMeanState(DSSTPropagator.java:369)

It seems that there is a problem in the various max indices.

I think you have maxFrequencyShortPeriodics = 28 and
maxDegreeShortPeriodics > 15 and it seems one loop using
these parameters fails. I am not sure yet if the javadoc
is wrong about the relationship between these two parameters,
or the interval check is wrong.

Could you tell us what are the values you used for building
DSSTZonal?