Re: [Orekit Users] Using EGM96 with DSSTPropagator

Hi Joseph,

My guess is that you need to add the EGM96 spherical harmonics
coefficients to your Orekit data path. The orekit-data.zip that I think
you're using now comes with the Eigen model, which is why you always see
those coefficients. So extract the orkit-data.zip to a directory, and
replace the eigen-6s.gfc file with egm96 file you can download from [1].
Then in your application set the orekit data path to the directory you
extracted. For more on configuring and data loading see [2]. Hope this
helps.

Best Regards,
Evan

[1] ftp://cddis.gsfc.nasa.gov/pub/egm96/general_info/egm96_to360.ascii
[2] https://orekit.org/static/configuration.html