[Orekit Users] BodyShape.projectToGround

Hi,

I've been incorporating Orekit 7.0 into my projects and I've noticed the
new projectToGround(...) methods in BodyShape. I'm a little confused
about what exactly is computed.

How is

Vector3D onBody = body.projectToGround(p, date, frame);

different from

GeodeticPoint gp = body.transform(p, frame, date);
GeodeticPoint gpOnBody = new GeodeticPoint(gp.getLatitude(),
gp.getLongitude(), 0);
Vector3D onBody = body.transform(gpOnBody);

Also, for the projectToGround method with PVCoordinates, are the
velocity and acceleration projected on to the local tangent plane? Is
the magnitude scaled down based on the satellite's distance from Earth?

Thanks in advance,

Evan