Re: [Orekit Users] Orekit data

Hi Mart,

Mart Vellak <mart.vellak@estcube.eu> a écrit :

Hello,

I'm working on Estonian student satellite ESTCube-1 and we are developing
satellite tracking system for it. Do you have an update orekit_data.zip or
do you where i can get up to date data for calculations.

The orekit-data.zip file is not updated very regularly. It is merely a convenience for starting using Orekit but is not intended to be something fully supported by the Orekit team. The current version support data up to early 2013.

Users are expected to update their data sets by themselves. The main part that must be updated regularly is the Eart Orientation Parameters from IERS. So I would suggest you unzip the archive in a directory (which you can use as your Orekit data root, as Orekit supports crawling directories), and to update the finals2000A.all file by downloading regularly files published by IERS here: <http://www.iers.org/nn_10968/IERS/EN/DataProducts/EarthOrientationData/eop.html?__nnn=true>. The direct link to the finals200A.all file is here: <http://data.iers.org/products/10/1382/orig/finals2000A.data>.

Best regards,
Mart Vellak