[Orekit Users] ESA launches its Summer Of Code In Space (SOCIS) project

Hello,

The European Space Agency has launched is Summer Of Code In Space (SOCIS) project, which mimics(but is not related) the Goggle Summer Of Code (GSOC). The project main page is here: <http://sophia.estec.esa.int/socis2011/>.

Of course, as Orekit is a space-oriented open-source project, we will propose several subjects to students interested in Space Flight Dynamics. We have started a wiki page for this on Orekit forge here: <https://www.orekit.org/forge/projects/orekit/wiki/SOCIS>. I think this is a great opportunity for the project and its community. If any of you has subject ideas, feel free to discuss about it on the list so we can add them. The schedule is really tight as ESA will select the mentoring organizations by July 15th, so we must have all our subjects ready by that time.

If ESA selects one or more of our subjects and suitable students are willing to do the work, we will mentor them. This mentoring will involve helping them interacting with our community at large, so they will probably be asking questions and discussing on this list or the developers list. This should help them learn how to interact with an open-source project and its community.

Does anybody have some more subject ideas ?