Re: [Orekit Developers] Maven Importing Advice

Hank Grabowski <hank@applieddefense.com> a écrit :

Hello All,

I have recently started having problems importing Orekit projects into
eclipse using the "Import..." "Existing Maven Projcts" option under the
File menu.  It turns out something is going wrong with the Tycho Project
Configurator.  The first time you import a project in a blank Eclipse it
has to go download that plugin.  It then fails with an error at the end of
the building process, which is after the project is finished loading.  The
next time through it fails at the beginning, so the whole thing is short
circuited, the project isn't properly built and the whole thing comes
crashing down.

It seems that if you defer loading that plugin during the import step then
everything runs fine.  I never ran into this problem before and I'm not
sure when it started happening.  It's not specific to Orekit since the old
6.1 sources are generating the problem and I never saw this problem
before.  The attached screenshot shows what the options look like when it
starts trying to import. If you set the second option,
"maven-bundle-plugin" to "Resolve Later" (just hit "Resolve All Later")
then it defers the loading of the plugin and the project will be built as
necessary.

I confirmed that I can run all the unit tests via JUnit test and they all
pass the same as they do when run from the command line.  Hopefully this
problem will eventually resolve itself.

Thank you for the heads up.

I personally don't mix Maven and Eclipse builds so they don't interfere with each other. For Eclipse, I set up a build path manually and generate classes in a bin folder, whereas for Maven I let the target folder being used for generated files. Of course, it means I end up with twice the disk space for binary files, but this is only a few tens of megabytes. The eclipse build is what I use for current day to day work, and the maven build is what is used for official release generation (and will be used for continuous integration later on).

Hank Grabowski

[image: Inline image 1]