Re: [Orekit Developers] Satellite Tracker demo application

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 11:20 AM, MAISONOBE Luc <luc.maisonobe@c-s.fr> wrote:

It's basically a tutorial how to use Vaadin together with Spring and
JPA, and I wanted to something more interesting than just a simple CRUD
application.

The result maybe also of interest to this community and can be found
here (Apache license): https://github.com/netomi/sat-tracker

To use it just type in the following:

 git clone git://github.com/netomi/sat-tracker.git
 mvn clean compile
 mvn jetty:run

I failed at th mvn jetty:run part. Here are the errors I get:

oh, I got it wrong, you have to do a mvn package first

  - make use of frames thread-safe

Looking at the orekit jar, I see you did not use the TimeStampedCache and TimeStampedGenerator from the multi-threading branch. How did you implement thread-safety ? Did you find any issue in the branch ?

The demo was just quickly done in 1-2 days, so I needed a quick fix. What I have done so far was to disable the cache in the FramesFactory, other changes with the TimeStampedCache will follow.

 - add support for ephemeris mode to TLEPropagator

Would you like to commit this fix ?

Yes, I already created an issue, but wanted to wait for feedback before committing.

This works looks very promising, thanks again
Luc

Thanks for looking at it.

Thomas