Re: [Orekit Developers] Multi-threading problems in OREKIT

Thomas Neidhart <thomas.neidhart@gmail.com> a écrit :

Hi Luc,

btw. do you mind if I also use this branch to add some tests using the
TimeStampedCache implementation, or do you want to keep it for yourself?

Of course you can! This is all the point of collaborative development.

I have committed some changes in line of your last comments, using a global write lock. This in fact also simplifies code since there is only one locking level.
I hope now generator is called in thread-safe manner every time.

Do you want to start looking at implementation for some existing classes ? We could share work on this and avoid duplicating efforts.

By the way, if other people want to join and contribute to this task, they are welcome to do so. Remember Orekit is an open-source project, with a community, organized as a meritocracy (i.e. people contributing get write access, just like Thomas did, and they later can even be involved in decision-making process.

Thomas