Re: [Orekit Developers] [SOCIS-2011] corrupted filesystem ?

On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 6:13 PM, MAISONOBE Luc <luc.maisonobe@c-s.fr> wrote:
> Hello,

Hi,

> After having tried the application, I experienced some failures on my
> tablet. The Orekit application does not appear anymore, most of the
> applications I have force close on start (K9-mail, titanium-backup ...) and
> all of them have lost their configuration. None of these applications were
> updated between the last time they worked and now, only Orekit has been
> installed. After that, I tried to uninstall and reinstall them. For now I
> still cannot use titanium-backup which still force close upon startup, so I
> cannot even recover my backups :-(

Oh ... :/

> So first, if people want to try the application, please do backups and store
> them on an external drive.
>
> Second, Alexis, do you think my problems may be due to the Orekit
> application ? It force closed in some configuration and I had to reboot the
> device which was frozen, so I fear the filesystem may have been corrupted
> somewhere. Don't worry, all the important data is stored elsewhere, the only
> data I really lost was game data ;-)

I don't think so, all the processes run in a sandboxed environment so
an application shouldn't be able to alter other applications. The
orekit application hasn't even the permission to write on the sdcard.

Can you go into your Android device into "Settings => Applications =>
Development => USB debug", plug your Android device on a computer and
try to run "adb logcat" ? (it's located into the platform-tools folder
of the SDK). It will show you the device syslog and you'll have the
backtraces of the crashing application which may give you enough
information to figure out what's wrong.

By the way, in the last commit I now cleanly handle OrekitExceptions
and since yesterday all the computation have been moved in a worker
thread with a ProgressDialog so the next snapshot should be far more
stable.

Alexis