Re: [Orekit Developers] [SOCIS 2011] Status of the Android application

On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 10:51 PM, Andreas Rieger <ar@quinput.net> wrote:
> The git don't contain the converted common-math and orekit jar/dex

Because there is absolutely no need for that, as I said in the wiki if
you use Eclipse, it will do everything for you (point 7 of the wiki,
Eclipse part).

The dx part of the wiki was only here to tell how I figured out that
Orekit was successfully building on Android, and also because it's not
a very good documented way of running an app under Android and some
people may find this interesting for prototyping purposes. It also
shows that Android is not as far as plain J2SE as it first appears to
be. That's why I named the eclipse part title "The real-world way".

> I think a step by step example how to do this and run a simple test on the
> emulator would be good thing.
> The basics are in:
> https://www.orekit.org/forge/projects/socis-2011/wiki/HowToBuildToAndroid
> But I still fail for some (but not all) simple examples (Hello World like) with
> dalvikvm. So I would not trust my dx and aapt results.

You'll just need to get the whole source tree, open it in Eclipse,
modify the build path to match your Orekit and common-math jars
(except if yours are stored in /home/alexis/orekit/ ) and click "Run".

What are the issues you're facing ? Are they related to accessing the data set ?

Alexis