Re: [Orekit Developers] [SOCIS 2011] Status of the Android application

On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 9:49 PM, MAISONOBE Luc <luc.maisonobe@c-s.fr> wrote:
> Fine, this was the reason for the failed installation.
> This new version installed properly.
>
> I get some force close on the Frame stuff trying to convert
> P=1000000.0/0.0/0.0 V=0.0/1000.0/0.0 from ITRF (if I remember correctly) to
> EME2000.
>
> I also had problems converting from TAI to UTC.
>
> Both problems may be due to loading data. I did install orekit data zip on
> the root folder of the sdcard (i.e. /sdcard/).

I have these problems too. A logcat (which is Android syslog) shows a
backtrace from a NullPointerException :

E/AndroidRuntime( 6637): java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start
activity ComponentInfo{org.orekit.android/org.orekit.android.frame.FrameComputeActivity}:
java.lang.NullPointerException
-- snip --
E/AndroidRuntime( 6637): Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
E/AndroidRuntime( 6637):        at
org.orekit.data.DirectoryCrawler.feed(Unknown Source)
E/AndroidRuntime( 6637):        at
org.orekit.data.DirectoryCrawler.feed(Unknown Source)
E/AndroidRuntime( 6637):        at
org.orekit.data.DirectoryCrawler.feed(Unknown Source)
E/AndroidRuntime( 6637):        at
org.orekit.data.DataProvidersManager.feed(Unknown Source)
E/AndroidRuntime( 6637):        at
org.orekit.bodies.CelestialBodyFactory.getBody(Unknown Source)
E/AndroidRuntime( 6637):        at
org.orekit.bodies.CelestialBodyFactory.getSolarSystemBarycenter(Unknown
Source)
E/AndroidRuntime( 6637):        at
org.orekit.frames.FramesFactory.getICRF(Unknown Source)
E/AndroidRuntime( 6637):        at
org.orekit.frames.FramesFactory.getFrame(Unknown Source)
E/AndroidRuntime( 6637):        at
org.orekit.android.frame.FrameComputeActivity.onCreate(FrameComputeActivity.java:51)
E/AndroidRuntime( 6637):        at
android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:1047)
E/AndroidRuntime( 6637):        at
android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:1722)
E/AndroidRuntime( 6637):        ... 11 more

I'll look at this tomorrow.

By the way, does the frame converting part do what you expect it to do
in term of requested parameters ? (I know I forgot to request for a
date, I figured this when I was lacking a parameter for
.getTransformTo() so a used "new AbsoluteDate()" in the meantime :) )

Alexis