Re: [Orekit Users] Orekit selected for SOCIS 2014

Hi Michael,

Michael Turner <michael.eugene.turner@gmail.com> a écrit :

It seems to me that improvements to SpriteOrbits

  https://github.com/ProjectPersephone/SpriteOrbits

could fit under two of the categories you submitted for SOCIS.

Sure. You can update the SOCIS page (I think you already have write access to the wiki pages), but mainly if you are OK to help follow the student if this subject is chosen.

At the Tokyo International Space Apps Challenge, one member produced
some fairly good animated graphics via the Google Earth API. I have
yet to rake all of my team's contributions into the repo, I have been
too busy with work and family issues recently to explore how
SpriteOrbits might be used in KickSat mission support when the Sprites
are released (tomorrow, as I write this.) But the current
ground-station efforts might produce enough positional and lifetime
data (albeit fuzzy) to check Orekit's predictions against what
actually happened. But there's potential here for SOCIS projects, I
think.

Regards,
Michael Turner
Executive Director
Project Persephone
K-1 bldg 3F
7-2-6 Nishishinjuku
Shinjuku-ku Tokyo 160-0023
Tel: +81 (3) 6890-1140
Fax: +81 (3) 6890-1158
Mobile: +81 (90) 5203-8682
turner@projectpersephone.org
http://www.projectpersephone.org/

"Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward
together in the same direction." -- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry