Re: Re: [Orekit Users] CPython interface question

piyush@gps.caltech.edu a écrit :

Hi Piyush,

Hi Petrus,
      updating to the latest version of jcc (2.14) fixed the issue. I had to
change a couple of flags to build it, but now the examples work well. I stuck
to the old build script. Will try out the flat namespace in a few days.

On a sidenote (not being an orbits expert) - if I have 6-8 state vectors (few
seconds apart) and want to propagate it backward and forward by a couple of
minutes; what would be the best propagator? Numerical would be my guess.

Are the state vectors for the same object or different objects? How are the state vectors implemented: Keplerian/Circular/Equinoctial/Cartesian orbits or Two-Line Elements? Do you need high accuracy or only a coarse accuracy? Do you know how the state vectors were generated and with which forces model?

All propagators have their pros and cons so there is no single answer. The propagator to select will depend on the various answers to the previous questions.

Thanks for helping me fix this.
Piyush